2. Information gathering
Personal information refers specifically to information which we collect about you from which you are individually identifiable or from which your identity may be reasonably determined. We collect your personal information to allow us to provide services to you from our Website and to better manage and improve these services.
We may collect personal information about you such as name, email address, telephone number, physical address and any other information you provide us. We may also collect non-personal information about you including data relating to your usage of our Website via tracking technologies such as cookies and traffic measurement software.
We may collect information about you from a variety of sources, including when you:
- register as a user of, or use, a particular part of our Website;
- communicate with us by phone, letter or email;
- voluntarily provide information; and
- subscribe for services via our Website.
We may also receive information about you from other online and offline sources (including other third parties and publicly available social network information).
How we may use the information collected
The personal information we collect may be used to:
- provide our services to you;
- personalize your experience (as the information provided by you helps us respond to your individual needs);
- improve our Website;
- improve customer service (as your information helps us more effectively respond to your and other customer’s requests and support needs);
- process transactions.
- contact you in relation to our Website;
- ensure that our Website content is presented in the most effective and secure manner for you and for your device and settings;
- provide you with information about offers, promotions, good or services which we believe may be of interest to you;
- customise the content you see through our Website including ads;
- provide technical support;
- confirm or fulfill a request you have made and provide you with related customer service;
- facilitate social sharing functionality;
- monitor or improve the use of our Website;
- generally maintain and develop our relationship with you.
If you provide personal information in order to access our services, we will use your personal information to provide you with access to such services and to monitor your use of such services.
We may also collect your personal information and other non-identifiable information through this application to help us improve the content and functionality of this application and also to better understand our users and improve our services.
We may not be able to do these things without your personal information.
We may use or disclose information that does not personally identify you for any purpose.
With whom we share your information
We may share your information with our related bodies corporate, service providers or business affiliates.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to our customers who have listings or advertisements on our Website ("Advertisers") and from whom you have requested information by submitting an enquiry;
- to our suppliers or service providers to enable them to provide, on our behalf, a function relating to our Website;
- to third parties in the event of any reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock; and
We may also share aggregate information, such as demographics and service usage statistics, with our Advertisers, suppliers or other organisations. When this type of information is shared, the receiving parties do not have access to your personally identifiable information.
We may process your personal information on a server located outside Australia. Further, organisations to whom we may disclose your information may be based outside Australia. For example, we may process your information or disclose your information to entities based in the United States of America.
Links to other websites
- We have contracted with a third party to deal with the payment process. Please refer to eWay terms and conditions. When you pay online we will not view nor store your credit card details. When you make payment over the phone we will enter the payment details directly into the eWay system and use our best endeavours to ensure confidentiality of your information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take reasonable steps to protect personal information we collect from you from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access and updating
We may from time to time use your personal information such as your address or contact details to contact you in the future to tell you about services we believe will be of interest to you.
If we do, each communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to "opt-out" of receiving future communications. If at any time you wish not to receive any future communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please contact us as indicated below.2. How do we protect your information?
We have implemented a variety of high-end security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you use our application.3. Our disclosure of your personal information
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer your personal information to outside parties.
However, we may provide your personal information to trusted third parties who assist us in operating our application, conducting our business or providing our services to you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also be required to release your personal information when we believe that release is appropriate to comply with the law.
Through your use of this application, you consent to us providing your personal information to your employer.4. Accessing your personal information
At any time you may give notice to us that you wish to access your personal information.
In order that this information is made available to you, some notice is required so that we may have the documentation ready for your inspection.
We will endeavor to handle all requests for access to personal information as quickly as possible and provide that information to you within 14 days of receipt of that request.
Certain information which may be collected by us could be regarded as sensitive information.
The disclosure of sensitive information can only be made by us with your direct consent, where it is required for us to provide our services to you or required by law to be disclosed. Some examples of sensitive information include:
- Sexual preference or practices;
- Criminal record;
- Membership of professional trade association;
- Religious beliefs or affiliations;
- Philosophical beliefs;
- Membership of political association;
- Racial or ethnic origin;
- Financial Circumstances.
This policy was last modified in June 2016.9. Wishing to access your Personal Information
Should you wish to access your personal information as held by us, all you need to do is contact [email protected]
When you access your personal information, we will require you to sign a document stating that you have accessed your information.10. Complaints about breaches of privacy
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from us, you may contact the Federal Privacy Commissioner by phoning 1300 363 992 or writing to the Director of Complaints, Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner, GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2000.11. Queries