About Farm Tender
Farm Tender is an online buying and selling service for Farmers and Associated Agricultural Businesses.
Founded by former Farmer, Dwain Duxson in August 2011, on starting the business Dwain identified that buying and selling was heading online and he wanted to create a platform that combined that with next level customer service. Farmers love hearing a human voice and that’s what we strive to do at the highest level. Dwain currently lives on the VIC/NSW border at Yarrawonga but is about to move to the US to start our North American sister site, 55 Farms.
The "Farm Tender" model has evolved since conception where it was predominantly a buying service for farm inputs. Farmers kept asking "why can't I sell items on it", so we decided to head it that direction and its grown for zero members back in 2011 to nearly 22,750 Farmer members today.
In late 2012 Matt Henke joined the Sales team and has since helped many farmers successfully sell their grain, hay, fertiliser and surplus machinery. Matt is a Director of the business and has helped develop and grow the business on many fronts. Matt lives at Elmore (Vic).
Paul Grayling became part of the Farm Tender team early 2015. Before joining the Farm Tender Sales team, Paul worked in Rural Merchandising for 5 years. Prior to that worked in Pubs and an orchard in the Yarra Valley. Paul has moved around the country playing AFL football but has settled in Kerang (Vic) and still coaches football locally.
Ellen Garland (Ballarat, Vic) is part of our dynamic Admin team. Ellen, who started with us in April, 2015 has worked within Agricultural Business Administration Management for the past 10 years. Ellen, decided that working from home full time was a win/win situation, she is able to be a part of a dynamic work environment and be home with her young family. Since starting with the company Ellen has had a passion to improve and streamline processes.
Megan Ruyg from Merbein (Vic) is part of the Admin team and joined us at Farm Tender in April 2016, prior to this Megan worked in the Community Health sector for 9yrs as Team Leader, Client Services which consisted of; Frontline, Health Records, Client Management Systems and Service Agreement Targets. Megan has a passion for good Customer Service and promoting a positive, helpful and friendly environment.
John Drum, who owned and worked in his own butcher business for 28 years, started with Farm Tender after selling the business and giving into requests from old mate Dwain Duxson to become part of the Sales team. When John started he had no computer skills, it didn’t take long for him to hit his stride with both the technical and sales side of role. John is just about to make the big move to Adelaide, SA.
Shane Ruyg, who is one of our most recent additions to the team worked in the Training Industry (VET), teaching Agriculture in both Cert III & IV for 5 years. Prior to this he has been involved in Sales in the Chemical and Irrigation industries. Shane was also a very good country AFL footballer and had a long and distinguished career. Shane lives in Merbein with the lovely Megan (see above) and they have plans to one day move to Queensland.
Farm Tender is committed to providing their Members with the highest standard of customer service and willing to go the "extra step" to help.
Please contact one of friendly team for more information.
Farm Tender - Sales
Farm Tender - Admin
Prime Ag Centre (PAC) - Sales
Prime Ag Centre (PAC) - Admin
Prime Preferred Partners
- Glendemar MPM
- Morgans Bulk Transport, Grain Marketing and Fuel Supplies
- Wallaloo Park Merino & Poll Merino Stud
- Feedworks - Changing the Agricultural Industry
- Vic Feeds Stockfeed Pellets
- Mulcahy & Co Agri Services
- Molloy Contracting - Windrowing, Baling & Carting
- Worm Hit Fertiliser - Fertiliser Pellets for the Agriculture Industry
- Simon Walsh Ultrasound Pregnancy Testing
- Mecardo Analysis - Market Information (Free for PMM's)
- Forest Springs Merinos
- Australian Fodder Industry Association - Become a AFIA member today
- Plastag - We specialise in Packaging, Protection and Conservation Solutions or the Agri-food sector
- Pepperton Poll Dorset & White Suffolk Stud
- Mobile Plunge Dipping Services
- Air Seeder Consulting Services - Setting up your Seeder for maximum performance
- Stocka - Secure, low cost Livestock, Grain and Hay trading solutions
- Orange Truck & Ag – Equipment Sales, Rental & Contracting Services.
- Matarazzo Hay Freight - Call us about all your Hay Cartage Needs
- DelayPay for Famers