THE second-largest cattle station in Australia, the 16,500 sq km Clifton Hills in South Australia, has been listed for sale with expectations of circa $35 million.
Anna Creek is the biggest station, covering nearly 24,000 sq km, and is owned by Williams Cattle Company, having once been part of the Kidman & Co portfolio.
Positioned in the north-east corner of the state, Clifton Hills encompasses four contiguous pastoral leases through the Birdsville Track and into Queensland.
Clifton Hills Pastoral Company, co-owned by David Harvey, Charles Simpson and Katherine Hartley, has put the asset to the market with a 21,500 head of stock rating on the pastoral lease. The leases currently support around 18,000 head of cattle.
Colliers International and Rural Property and Livestock are marketing the station, which was established in 1878.