Welcome to season two of the Bushtech Podcast! We kick off this season with a serial entrepreneur, Matthew Pryor, who is one of very few agtech founders with a successful exit. In 2016, Observant, a business Matthew co-founded, was acquired by Jain (more on that here). Now, Matthew is involved with the early-stage food and agtech ecosystem as Chair of the Rocket Seeder accelerator.
In this episode, you'll hear from Matthew on:
* The journey from Silicon Valley entrepreneur to working with researchers and industry to launch an agtech startup in Australia that was eventually acquired
* The importance of failure in any startup's story, and why a celebrating failures is so critical
* Tips for current and aspiring agtech entrepreneurs on service models, international expansion, customer breadth vs depth, and scaling hardware operations
* Opportunities for producer-led innovation and producer + entrepreneur collaborations
* The importance of adopting a global perspective on agtech, and acknowledgement that agtech, though highly related to our food and fiber production systems, is a distinct industry with billions of dollars of potential
* Acquisition myths...and what happens after an exit!