This article is bought to you by Mazaratto Hay Freight.
By Matt Dalgleish | Source: BOM, Mecardo
Mecardo have created a series of regional rainfall charts across the nation in order to compare the current seasonal rainfall on a monthly basis to the long term average levels and the normal/extreme ranges.
Ad - Need to shift some Hay? Try Mazaratto Hay Freight, Singles, Doubles, Triples, Big or Little Squares, Rolls, North or South. Give them a try - Ad
The July 2019 update can be found here.
Each regional rainfall chart displayed on the update highlights:
· Current season's monthly rainfall trend (orange line)
· Last season's monthly rainfall trend (green line)
· Average monthly trend over 50 years (black dotted line)
· 70% range in monthly rainfall over last 50 years (grey shaded zone)
· 95% range (red dotted line)
· Rainfall within the 70% range would be considered reflective of a relatively normal seasonal pattern
· Movements outside the grey 70% range would suggest a drier (below range) or wetter (above range) than normal season
· Movements outside the 95% range would be considered extreme
The map below shows the seperation of the regional zones.