The Gen Ag Future Fund will make up to $3,000 available per annum to an individual to assist with (a) further education or (b) costs to undertake a specific project that will benefit the Australian fodder industry. Project-based activity that is being undertaken within a field of further education may also be considered eligible. Applications are now open for the inaugural Gen Ag Future Fund.
Applications will be considered from Australian citizens aged 18-30 years at the time of application who are current or eligible Gen Ag members of AFIA. Funding under the Gen Ag Future Fund will be awarded, based on a written application, to an individual who is deemed can make a demonstrable long-term contribution to the Australian fodder industry and more broadly, Australian agriculture.
Individuals are required to submit the following as part of their application*:
1) Full name, mailing address, email address and telephone contact numbers.
2) A current resume detailing all current and previous work experience including employers, roles and responsibilities.
3) Education completed or being undertaken including transcripts of all results achieved to date.
4) Details of any relevant experience within the Australian fodder industry.
5) Contact details of two (2) referees.
6) A current photograph.
7) A maximum of 500 words describing how you would apply the funds from the Gen Ag Future Fund if you were the successful applicant. This may comprise a synopsis of project work that you are undertaking or considering undertaking or it may describe the completion of additional education and how these funds will be used as part of this.
*Participation in an interview panel assessment comprising Lallemand and AFIA appointed representatives may be required.
Applications can be posted to:
Chief Executive Officer
Australian Fodder Industry Association
W: (03) 9670 0523
M: 0438 182 600
E: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title “Gen Ag Future Fund Application”
The first recipient of funding under the Gen Ag Future Fund may be asked to make a presentation to the 2018 National Fodder Conference (29-31 July 2018 in Adelaide).
The Gen Ag Future Fund program will run as an annual scholarship-style program and will be administered by AFIA in consultation with Lallemand Animal Nutrition.
Applications for the 2018 Lallemand Animal Nutrition AFIA Gen Ag Future Fund close on Tuesday 1 May 2018 at 5.00pm (AEST).