This successful and unique feed manufacturing business is offered for sale for the first time. With a strong 12 year trading history, it is time for the owners to hand over to a new operator or investor to take this business to the next level as owners are wishing to retire.
- Diversified customer base.
- Well respected brand with over 30 lines of product.
- Milling/manufacturing plant located on approximately five and half acres in Northern Victoria, which includes house, river frontage, large hay sheds and silos.
- Successful retail outlet located on the Mornington Peninsular.
- Well situated and supplying to many high profile horse racing stables and the local domestic market. Very high turnover and increasing demand.
- Reliable staff and can be run by one owner.
- Long term commercial lease on retail outlet.
- Worksafe accredited.
- Several wholesale outlets and currently expanding.
- New products in the process of being introduced.
- Optional – attached approximately 500 acres of prime irrigation land on the
- Murray River with own licensed irrigation pump and water rights or optional lease
- of land.
Hard feed mixing plant complete with:
•Two ribbon mixes and automatic weighing system
• Steam Producer
• 24 inch flat Roller Mill
• 12 Inch serrated Roller Mill
• 6 Inch serrated Roller Mill
• Overhead silos
• Producing several different feed mixes to the horse, animal and poultry market.
Pellet Mill Consisting of:
- Californian brand pellet press with 50hp electric motor, including 5mm and 9mm ring
- dies built under instruction from Palmer Milling.
- 20 cu metre ribbon mixer with a 75hp electric motor, feeding a 16 inch hammermill with a 50 hp electric motor via a screw elevator.
- Self cleaning dust extractor conveys the raw material to a second ribbon mixer with a 10hp electric motor.
- A steam screw elevator conveys the raw material to the pellet press after passing through the press the pellets are elevated into a large cooling tower.
- Cold air is sucked through the cooling tower by a large capacity fan, the pellets are
- then ready for bagging.
Chaff Mill Consisting of:
- High capacity 5 blade Cliff & Bunting model A, chaff mill.
- All set up to handle large square bales, capable of feeding three large bales at a time.
- 4 rotor teaser complete with dust extraction fan.
- Steam boiler supplying steam to the teaser and the 10 metre steam tunnel.
- New high capacity dickins riddle table.
- Large capacity auger feeding an automatic bag weigher.
- Bags are sewn and ergonomically stacked into the pellet sized cage. This cage lowers below ground level allowing ease of operation.
- Automatic wrapper Property also has:
• Bulk handling facilities for all varieties of grain and hay.
• 6 storage silos and field bins
• Large hay shed to store thousands of small and large bales ready
for delivery to our own store and wholesale outlets on a weekly basis.
• This business has expanded by word of mouth on a quality
House and Land
Paradise on the banks of the river;
Set on the Mighty Murray River is this attractive homestead on 2.5 acres, the home is very neat & tidy with a modern kitchen, open living area, 3 good size
bedrooms all with great rural views. Also a huge garage with power, solar panels, wood heating, evap a/c and shedding.
Please enquire for more information or photos.