Dectomax Injectable is approved for the treatment and control of internal and external parasites of cattle. It is safe for use in beef cattle, including pregnant cows, newborn calves and bulls.
The control of the following harmful species of gastrointestinal roundworms, lungworms, sucking lice, biting lice, cattle tick and mange mites.
- Gastrointestinal Roundworms (adults and fourth-stage larvae)
- Ostertagia ostertagi (including inhibited larvae) – Small brown stomach worm
- Haemonchus placei – Barbers pole worm
- Trichostrongylus axei - Stomach hair worm
- T. colubriformis – Black scour worm
- T. longispicularis*
- Cooperia oncophora – Small intestinal worm
- Cooperia spp
- Bunostomum phlebotomum* – Hook worm
- Oesophagostomum radiatum – Nodule worm
- Toxocara vitulorum* – Round worm * adults only
- Lungworms (adults and immature)
- Dictyocaulus viviparus
- Haematopinus eurysternus
- Linognathus vituli
- Solenopotes capillatus
Effective as an aid in the control of biting louse (Bovicola bovis)
- Psoroptes bovis
- Sarcoptes scabiei var bovis (not present in Australia)
Dosage and Administration:
Administer Dectomax injectable solution at the recommended dosage of 1 mL (10 mg doramectin) per 50 kg body weight by subcutaneous injection.
Injections should be given using 16- to 18-gauge needles, regardless of administration route. Needles 1/2 to 3/4 inches in length are suggested for SC injections, which should be given under the loose skin in front of or behind the shoulder.
Meat: Cattle 42 days
Milk: Do not use during lactation or less than 60 days before calving when milk or milk products are to be used for human consumption or processing.
Animals must not be repeat-treated within 4 weeks of a previous treatment
Pack size 500ml.