|Location||:||Australia Wide, Mallee, VIC|
|Category||:||Ag Jobs, Sales|
|Listing Date||:||19/04/2022, 09:13am|
Buy now pay later for agriculture
Want to know how it works?
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: The Farm Trader Australia Pty Ltd (T/A Farm Tender)
SALARY: TBA (dependant on qualifications and experience)
HOURS: Full Time 38hrs (1.0 EFT)
POSITION CREATED: Status – Created April 2022
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Executive Officer
1. What is Farm Tender
Farm Tender is an online marketplace for Farmers and associated Agricultural Businesses. See the website link here; www.farmtender.com.au
Farm Tender is growing rapidly with associates being DelayPay (fintech) and four departments within; Farm Tender (private selling platform), Farm Tender Auctions, Prime Ag Centre (PAC, online store) and Farm Tender Livestock. Farm Tender has an audience exceeding 58,000 + Members and expanding daily.
We are passionate about customer service and pride ourselves on our strong capacity to build relationships and trust with our customers.
2. Primary Objectives
We are seeking a motivated, driven, team orientated person to join us in the role of Business Development Manager.
Working with the CEO, Business Services Manager along with departmental staff from time to time to develop growth strategies and plans to onboard Suppliers, Manufacturers, Dealers, Agents, Wholesalers, Retailers to the Farm Tender platform.
The role will focus predominantly on the development and growth opportunities of our Prime Ag Centre (PAC) along with further enhancing the buying and selling capacity of the Farm Tender brand increasing the client base. You will also be responsible for writing business proposals, identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs.
This role will also research additional business opportunities and potential income streams whilst managing and retaining relationships with existing clients and suppliers.
3. Conditions of Employment
* Full-time position
* Travel will be required to various locations around Australia
* Home Office based or remote (when not on-road)
* Standard Office Hours are between 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday (Ordinary Working Week of 38hrs plus reasonable additional hours as required)
* Details of this position may be adapted to changing organisational requirements as determined
* All positions are subject to a probationary period of six (6) months.
* Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer
4. Specific Accountabilities
* Contribute to the success of the role by;
* Thinking ‘outside the box’!, this role is new and ready for a dynamic and creative spirit
* Liaising with new and existing suppliers and forming new business opportunities and networks around Australia
* Forming solid relationships with both new and existing suppliers and customers
* Provide Management with monthly reports on development and findings
* Working as a Team (vital)
* Contributing to the achievement of the goals and overall objectives of Farm Tender.
5. Personal Attributes
* First and foremost, Team Player
* A good understanding of the Agricultural space
* Ability to self-motivate
* High level communication skills
* High level written skills
* Stakeholder management skills
* Proven ability to negotiate
* Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy
* To have ability to seek out deals
* Highly organized and planned
* Experience working to and exceeding targets
* Member focused in all that we do
* Honest and reliable.
6. Knowledge & Experience
* Knowledge of the Agricultural space is an advantage
* Business Development Qualifications
* Marketing experience and/or qualifications
* Mobile phone service and internet connection is crucial (not negotiable)
* Australian drivers licence.
8. To apply and for more info
Please send you one-page cover letter outlining why you think you are the right person for the role, plus a current CV to CEO Dwain Duxson @ firstname.lastname@example.org (copy and paste email address). Or for further information call me on 0427 011 900
9. Applications close
To be announced