Trigger Vale 2019 Infomation day - Friday the 23rd of August, 2019
See flyer below
South West Slopes Field Day (Harden Showgrounds) - 3rd September, 2019.
Trigger Vale 42nd Annual On-Property Auction - Friday 6th September, 2019.
Watch Trigger Vale's Andrew Bouffler in a video here
1. TRUE DUAL PURPOSE MATERNAL focus in breeding program. Trigger Vale has had a very heavy wieghting in our breeding program on growth, fat, muscle and Number of Lambs Weaned ASBV's. (Click here for genetic trends graphs). Industry research highlights these characteristics as vital for improving lamb survival between birth and weaning.
2. EASY CARE –
b. Wrinkle free
c. Big frame and pelvis and small birth weights result in minimal lambing problems.
d. Quiet temperament.
e. Open face – wool blindness isn't a problem.
3. WOOL – heavy cutting, high yielding stylish 20-24 micron Merino wool.
4. The Balance of HIGH GROWTH, MUSCLE and MATERNAL FAT results in fast growing, high yielding lambs with great meat eating quality levels.
5. SELF –REPLACING FLOCK
a. Build genetic progress over time
b. Minimise opportunity to introduce disease
c. Don't have the time and financial penalties of sourcing replacement ewes
6. VERY FERTILE – high conception rates and great mothering ability
7. OBJECTIVE MEASUREMENTS – Performance testing (using the world's largest and most developed sheep database – Merinoselect) over 18 years results in proven genetic progress in the traits that drive profitability
a. Increased weaning percentages
b. Increased growth rates
c. Increased wool cuts, staple strength and length
d. Decreasing micron
8. A large and growing client base can't be wrong.
9. Over 60 years of continuous breeding and selection pressure results in animal breeding true to type. You get what you see.
10. INDEPENDENTLY CLASSED – and assessed by industry leading stud classer Michael Elmes ensures sheep remain true to type and structurally sound.
Trigger Vale White Suffolk's breeding objective has always been to put together large drafts of high indexed flock rams for commercially focused clients. The main selection pressure has been on growth rates with high yielding carcases. A spin off from this breeding objective is that due to the commercial relevance of their White Suffolk's Trigger Vale has now become a leading supplier of stud genetics.(Click here for WS genetic trends)
A flow on effect of our success is other White Suffolk studs who target the same objectives are looking to Trigger Vale for their genetic improvement with 10 stud rams sold in 2011 through our auction sale and private treaty. We have also sold semen in several Trigger Vale Bred rams to studs in all Australian states. This impact that Trigger Vale White Suffolk genetics is having over the breeds development was highlighted by the sale of a half share in a Trigger Valee 060250 sired ram lamb by Anden to Depta Grove for $10,000.
While objective measuement using Lambplan is a vital tool in ensuring significant genetic gain is achieved yearly we are very committed to maintaining the visual features that makes the White Suffolk breed so unique. Clean points, smooth front shoulders, body length, a straight top line, with sound feet and legs are not negotiables in our breeding program regardless of the figures.
The White Suffolks continue to be a very significant part of our operation and genetic package that we offer clients. While we have many clients that have the ease of getting both rams from the one farm and its associated benefits we are increasingly getting clients seeking just W/S stud or commercial rams for their breeding programs.
Our success at achieving our targeted breeding objective is highlighted by the constant feedback from clients with regards to their lamb's topping local markets like Griffiths and Wagga or receiving outstanding results over the hooks. Our involvement with the Superwhites young sire evaluation program continues to provide a great avenue to benchmark our flock and ensure we continue to inject the best young commercial genetics into our program. We are very proud of the fact we have had a ram selected in both the 2011, 2012 and 2013 Superwhites teams.
To get your business in the "Prime Ag Directory you have to be a "Prime" Monthly Member (PMM). See here the link to the PMM page. For more info contact one of the "Prime" Representatives.