|Prime Membership price||1||$ 0.00 + GST||$ 0.00 + GST|
|Non-member (RRP) price||1||$ 250.00 + GST||$ 250.00 + GST|
Enquire or ring the PAC on 0427011900 or 0429993548
Ex Elmore - 9 to the pallet
Product # 18209
From the makers of Glanvac®, Gudair®, Startect®,
Eryvac® and Scabigard® comes Sheepguard®
Long Acting (LA), the new long-acting
injection that controls roundworms,
nasal bot and itchmite in sheep.
USING LONG ACTING (LA) PRODUCTS
CONDITIONS WHERE LA TREATMENTS MAKE SENSE
• No clean paddocks are available i.e. those with minimal worm burdens.
• With pre-lambing ewes towards the end of pregnancy to avoid handling.
– interventions need to be limited to avoid stress and not closer than 2 weeks to lambing
– reduced handling will lower the risk of pregnancy toxaemia in late pre-lambing ewes and
mis-mothering if lambs are already on the ground.
If long-acting drenches are being used, it is vital they are used responsibly.
Note: Capsules play a very similar role to LA drenches and they should also be used responsibly.
CONSEQUENCES IF LA DRENCHES ARE NOT USED RESPONSIBLY
• The irresponsible use of LA products may render that class of actives ineffective on that property.
This means that not only the moxidectin in Sheepguard LA will be at risk, but also the other MLs.
• With a longer protection period expected, an ineffective drench can result in:
– dead sheep
– lost productivity
– no value for money
– sheep seeding paddocks with resistant worms.
• Accelerated drench resistance emerging due to sub-lethal levels of the LA active in the sheep.
• Contains moxidectin (20g/L), a potent ML
(Macrocyclic lactone or ‘mectin’).
• Protects against severe challenge by barber’s
pole worm for up to 4 months.
• Length of protection against the three major
WORM TYPE PREVENTING
OF SHEEP FOR
Barber’s Pole Worm Not less than 91 days
Not less than 91 days
Black Scour Worm Up to 49 days
• To minimise carcass damage inject Sheepguard LA
behind the ear. It is important to also inject under
the skin, subcutaneously, not into the muscle tissue.
• Sheepguard LA is safe to use concurrently with
other treatments including mineral supplements
and vaccines. It is recommended that vaccines are
injected on the opposite side of the neck.
• Sheepguard LA has a shelf life from 3 years.
• Do not use in lambs less than 20kg and do not
use in female sheep which are or may produce
milk or milk products for human consumption.
• Store at or below 30°C (room temperature)
and protect from light.
• Use all the contents within 24 hours after the
first use of the product.
• Dose rate is 1mL per 20kg liveweight.
LIVEWEIGHT DOSE EACH 500ML
20kg 1mL 500
21-30kg 1.5mL 333
31-40kg 2mL 250
41-50kg 2.5mL 200
51-60kg 3mL 166
61-70kg 3.5mL 142
71-80kg 4mL 125
81-90kg 4.5mL 111
91-100kg 5mL 100
ESI (export slaughter interval): 133 days
Meat withhold: 91 days
Retreatment interval: 91 days